any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbubbly

Reaction score
so this is my 'set up' so far, still have to mount the hlt and mlt. run plumbing and some electrical. any ideas on how i can improve?

mms_picture (2).jpg

Without a basic description of what you're aiming for, it's hard to offer suggestions for improvement.

inside it of course! The goal is 2 tier, im thinkin the BK will sit as it is, with the other two vessels raised. all 3 are 1/2 barrel kegs, the 1/6 keg is just there as a stand.. i guess to be more specific, i'm just trying to figure out the best way to mount the HLT and MLT.

its still a blank canvas so far so any/all input and ideas are welcome.

That's a big cabinet. Did you plan on putting ventilation in the there? I would be worried that it would rain inside the cabinet.
Do you have any of the shelves that came with it?

-cheers

i was worried about that as well, but i did a 90min boil in it on Monday and no condensation whatsoever. No shelves, going to have to build those.. i can live with that since the cabinet was free. i originally thought i would bolt the pots to the supports on the back wall, but decided against that as disassembly would be a PITA. im leaning towards a bolt together type of platform.. super strut maybe..

are those plastic camlocks like the ones from grainger? how do you like them? i threw in a few with my last grainger order, havnt used them yet, undecided about how they are going to hold up in the long run...

Would it be possible to only mount the mash tun and HLT in the cabinet? Then leave room to store the boil kettle and burner. You could boil out side and eliminate some of the moisture.

Well obviously it's an unbalanced system.

OP, put the big keg on the bottom and the little keg on top. This will look much better aesthetically.

Obviously? This is why I asked the question. If you look at the OP's response, the small keg is just there as a prop. All vessels are 15.5 kegs.

so little keg on top? perfect! problem solved... :p

those are the camlocks from ProFlowDynamics, i am a cheap a$$ so i ordered the poly ones. i am sure they wont hold up in the long run, but i couldnt resist the price. they work fantastic in my opinion, easy one handed disconnect..

and i will only be mounting the MLT and HLT, i will use the burner where it sits currently, no moisture problems at all, but if it makes you feel better i can always boil outside of the cabinet if i feel like it

Latest posts

Back