Any Hudson Valley, NY (845 more specifically) homebrewers out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBurgles

Reaction score
I live in Staatsburg/Hyde Park, NY and I’m looking to connect with some homebrewers in my area. I know there’s a couple clubs in the area but I’m: 1) not sure I’m ready to commit myself to a club and 2) not sure which would be the best fit. The online community is great and I’ve gotten plenty of help and knowledge on here. But it would be nice to find some closer contacts.

I’m in New Windsor. A while ago I went to a club meeting, Mohonk brewers or whatever, and was disappointed. A few strange people and no one seemed to be really serious about brewing good beers. Not sure if there are any clubs around who are a bit more serious .

I’m in New Windsor. A while ago I went to a club meeting, Mohonk brewers or whatever, and was disappointed. A few strange people and no one seemed to be really serious about brewing good beers. Not sure if there are any clubs around who are a bit more serious .

Not sure how long ago you tried. But I had gone into Pantano’s in June or July to pick up supplies for the first time and if I remember correctly Jerry told me the guy that was running the club was moving away. I also posted this on reddit and got some good responses about the Hudson Valley Homebrewers. They run the Hudson valley homebrew competition. The have a Facebook page and website if you’re still interested in joining a club you could check them out.

Not sure how long ago you tried. But I had gone into Pantano’s in June or July to pick up supplies for the first time and if I remember correctly Jerry told me the guy that was running the club was moving away. I also posted this on reddit and got some good responses about the Hudson Valley Homebrewers. They run the Hudson valley homebrew competition. The have a Facebook page and website if you’re still interested in joining a club you could check them out.

Thanks, I will check out Hudson valley . Based on what I’ve seen and heard from Jerry, I think their club has issues with leadership and turnout. I’m in the email list and I believe the last meeting was cancelled due to low turnout

Thanks, I will check out Hudson valley . Based on what I’ve seen and heard from Jerry, I think their club has issues with leadership and turnout. I’m in the email list and I believe the last meeting was cancelled due to low turnout

That’s unfortunate because there doesn’t seem to be too many around. If you go on the AHA website you can search clubs and I think there’s a third club in the area called the Mid-Hudson valley homebrew club or something along those lines. But there was only a phone number. No email, Facebook, or website so I’m not really sure what their all about either.

I have met a couple of the Hudson Valley guys at our club's competition in November, they are holding this one in early March:

https://hvhb.brewcomp.com/. Can;t speak to turnout for their meetings but the guys I met at our comp were cool and really knowledgeable.

Edit: This is the link provided to their site from the competition page: http://www.hvhomebrewers.com/

Back