Any homebrewers in SE Kentucky?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chadwick

Reaction score
I feel alone. I'm the only person I know doing this in my area. There were a few others I hear folks talk about. All of them passed away. Except one other, but he only did it a few times and well... I prefer to keep company with folks who aren't repeat felons. I'm too old for that crap.

I got some buddies around Morehead area, I think they moved to Mt. Sterling that have great taste in beer. They agree there isn't a big enough market for it there. I relocated to Arizona but I think there is a market for home brew everywhere. Just prove that to them and they'll see. Cheers.

I feel alone. I'm the only person I know doing this in my area. There were a few others I hear folks talk about. All of them passed away. Except one other, but he only did it a few times and well... I prefer to keep company with folks who aren't repeat felons. I'm too old for that crap.

I have the same problem in southern West Virginia. I've had a couple of friends over while brewing but so far nobody has wanted to get involved.

I live in the Lexington area. Home brewing is definitely becoming more popular in this area especially with the opening of three new breweries (West 6th, Country Boy, and Blue Stallion) and a craft beer bar/home brew supply store (Lexington Beerworks). Hopefully it will start migrating your way.

If you ever make it up this way make sure you swing by Beerworks, it has a nice supply of equipment/supplies and a friendly/knowledgable staff.

Back