any homebrew clubs in southern VT ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kappclark

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
8
Location
Southern VT
Hello:

I know there is the Green Mountain Mashers in Burlington - but was wondering if there are nay homebrew clubs in southern VT/NH area ?

THX

Bill CLark
Windham, VT
 

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
20,968
Reaction score
597
Location
Adams, MA
In addition, it's not a club, per se, but "Yankee Ingenuity" gets together to brew every once in a while (bunch of us from the western MA / upstate NY / southern VT area around here). Couple folks in your general area, as well.

Welcome to the forum!
 
OP
kappclark

kappclark

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
8
Location
Southern VT
HI:

Thx alot for the welcome, and the info ... sometimes feel like a voice in the wilderness, since I know no other homebrewers, but would really enjoy comparing notes and perhaps suds with others.

If possible, wld like to get together at the next spontaneous meeting of Yankee Ingenuity.

Best regards,

Bill Clark
Windham, VT
 

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
20,968
Reaction score
597
Location
Adams, MA
Windham's over by Brattleboro, right? Glibbidy's over there, we've brewed at his house before. I'm about an hour and a half from there, but I've hosted get-togethers before and I will again, probably sometime over the summer. Stick around the forums, there are lots of great folks here to compare notes with and to bounce ideas back and forth. No one should feel alone when they've got HBT!
 

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
20,968
Reaction score
597
Location
Adams, MA
Jester369 said:
I'd probably trek that far to brew with you - might even get SWMBO to come along!
That's definately an incentive!

I'd love for Yankee Ingenuity to get together every three months or so, those are always a great time. Maybe we can bum Glibbidy into hosting again - he's a little more central than I am, if we want to get some of the eastern-MA folks (like Kai) out there.
 

Glibbidy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
2,371
Reaction score
15
Location
Sunny Southern Vermont
kappclark said:
I know there is the Green Mountain Mashers in Burlington - but was wondering if there are nay homebrew clubs in southern VT/NH area ?
I do not know of any active homebrew clubs in this area. The closest one that I do know of is the Valley Fermenters down in the Greenfield, MA area. The contact person for the club is Charlie Olchowski.
the_bird said:
Windham's over by Brattleboro, right? Glibbidy's over there, we've brewed at his house before. I'm about an hour and a half from there, but I've hosted get-togethers before and I will again, probably sometime over the summer. Stick around the forums, there are lots of great folks here to compare notes with and to bounce ideas back and forth. No one should feel alone when they've got HBT!
Windham is close to Bratt, prolly 35-45 minutes away. Your not alone with your addiction, there are at least seven homebrewers in Vermont.:p
the_bird said:
That's definately an incentive!
I'd love for Yankee Ingenuity to get together every three months or so, those are always a great time. Maybe we can bum Glibbidy into hosting again - he's a little more central than I am, if we want to get some of the eastern-MA folks (like Kai) out there.
It would be my pleasure to host another event. That thread will be coming along any day now.:mug:
 

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
Lifetime Supporter
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
20,968
Reaction score
597
Location
Adams, MA
Glibbidy said:
I do not know of any active homebrew clubs in this area. The closest one that I do know of is the Valley Fermenters down in the Greenfield, MA area. The contact person for the club is Charlie Olchowski.

Windham is close to Bratt, prolly 35-45 minutes away. Your not alone with your addiction, there are at least seven homebrewers in Vermont.:p

It would be my pleasure to host another event. That thread will be coming along any day now.:mug:
:rockin:

Are you involved with the Valley Fermenters at all? I'd take a drive out that way (Greenfield's only about an hour for me) to meet up with some more homebrewers.
 

Glibbidy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
2,371
Reaction score
15
Location
Sunny Southern Vermont
I have not been able to make it to any of their gatherings. I think they get together in Deerfield, MA the third Tuesday of the month or something like that.
 
OP
kappclark

kappclark

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
8
Location
Southern VT
So glad to have found this forum !

Yes - Windham VT is abt 35 mins from Brattleboro (where I work to get $$ for all this home brew stuff!)

I will be watching this forum to see if there are any club gatherings this summer ... Greenfield is certainly not out of the question ...

I also wld like to say what a wonderful experience I have had dealing with the home brew supplier in Northampton ... just finished (meaning last bottle) a batch of Old Fuddy-Duddy Ale which inspired me to order another 2 kits for a 10 gallon batch.

Maybe I can bring some to the next Greenfield get-together !

Thx for your replies...
 
Top