Any gun owners here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One lucky man, all I own is a lousy ruger 10/22 and a 12 Gauge. All in due time

Best defense against Zombies!!!!! Nothing better than the right to BEER arms!

I have 2, Gen 4 G 21's.... That will keep the Zombie's out of North Carolina.

Whooooooaaaaa!!!!! Awesome. I assume you have a place to shoot stupid long distances?

I don't own many guns. They're expensive! And I wasn't lucky enough to inherit any from my family.

I've only got my nice 30-30 deer rifle (with a great scope!), a 410, a 20 guage, a 12 gauge, and a Ruger 357 mag.

Nothing really special about any of them, but my 30-30 has been my friend since about 2000, since I've shot 12 deer in a row with it every gun season.

The 410 is a shotgun I'm holding for my son (he used it in high school) and I almost never use a 12 gauge anymore. The 20 gauge is a cool pump that I use for grouse.

Spingfield XD40, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Remington 597, Hi-point carbine, and Mossburg 895.

Yep, I live in the rocky mountains about 3 hours from the nearest city. I was shooting literally 100 yards away from my front door, gotta love living in the sticks!

100 yards? Oh, man, that's so far from the bathroom. I wouldn't want to have to go 100 yards just to shoot. But you have to do what you have to do! :p

Edit- and for the record, I hardly EVER shoot from my bedroom window. Because that's so low class that I would hardly ever do it. Just for the record.

I don't own many guns. They're expensive! And I wasn't lucky enough to inherit any from my family.

I've only got my nice 30-30 deer rifle (with a great scope!), a 410, a 20 guage, a 12 gauge, and a Ruger 357 mag.

Nothing really special about any of them, but my 30-30 has been my friend since about 2000, since I've shot 12 deer in a row with it every gun season.

The 410 is a shotgun I'm holding for my son (he used it in high school) and I almost never use a 12 gauge anymore. The 20 gauge is a cool pump that I use for grouse.

12 one after the other or were they all lined up at once? :p

100 yards? Oh, man, that's so far from the bathroom. I wouldn't want to have to go 100 yards just to shoot. But you have to do what you have to do! :p

Edit- and for the record, I hardly EVER shoot from my bedroom window. Because that's so low class that I would hardly ever do it. Just for the record.

oh it's nice! It's not fun to lug this thing around, weighing in at around 27lbs unloaded. But I find the will to do it!

Sweet gun. You know you have plenty when you'd have to get up and actually count them. But nothing fancy like that. I like to save money on dog food by sitting on my porch shooting squirrels. Don't even have to get up and fetch them, dog does it for me and puts them in a little pile by my feet. I clean them up and cook them in a big pot with rice, dog loves it. and the right time of year, they taste good to me too. The one I use mostly is a .22 lever action rifle with a pink towel wrapped around the butt end so I don't bruise my shoulder when I'm really bored. Ah, the joys of living in the woods.

You know, for those of you that are remotely concerned the G men might someday come looking for your stuff, the tinfoil hat brigade would not advise you to put this info out there over the airwaves.

I know, I know, cold dead fingers.

all legal, I assure you!

Not like Texas where you get like 100 million deer tags a year. :D

Thats because my dog is bigger than most deer in Texas. Great state for there views on some things ,but I can carry there deer with one hand.

SAw a few down the, maybe weighed 120 on the hoof, not much compared to the big 200 lb plus bruisers i chase after.

Nice gun. I've been using a .270 for close to 30 years now. Very accurate gun. My son just showed me up at the range about 3 weeks ago; got 4 shots within 1" and I wasn't close to him. Time to pass the torch!

huntingohio said:
Thats because my dog is bigger than most deer in Texas. Great state for there views on some things ,but I can carry there deer with one hand.

SAw a few down the, maybe weighed 120 on the hoof, not much compared to the big 200 lb plus bruisers i chase after.

There's some big deer in east Texas, the problem is seeing them through all the trees.

Love the .50 BMG, my dad was on the fence between a .50 and the .338 Lapua Mag, went with the Lapua. Hoping to inherit that one.

nice gun. in response to how many, let's see... 1 30-06, 1 20 gauge, 2 target 22's, 1 357, 1 380, 1 12 gauge, 1 sks. i think that's it. in the military, i was a rangemaster (taught people how to shoot, and i live in texas :D )

Right now, at home, I have my Para Ordnance P14-45 and Russian SKS. I'm bringing more home with me tomorrow (bringing the guns I inherited from my father home as I can). Included in that is his 1911 race gun. It's one sweet shooter, for certain. Mine works really well too. Used it in competitions while living in FL, and did rather well. I want to get the 22 high standard home, his SKS, the shotgun (16 gauge over/under with 410 tubes) and several more. Some might wait until I get the gun safe here too.

Oh, and for the record, any 50 cal BMG is a sweet rifle. A Ma Deuce would be sweet to own. Just need to be in an area where you can let her sing once in a while. :ban: I want to get a nice AR15/M4 soon. Might just build it up myself so that it's 100% what I want from the start.

Ruger SR9c (my EDC) and a Walther P22 for plinking. I want to get a 22 rifle eventually and wouldn't mind a G17 Gen4. Living in the city sucks though and I don't get to shoot nearly as often as I'd like. Only one range within a half hour drive and it kinda sucks.

No more rifles, just whittled everything down over the years. Still have a 12gauge pump if needed and 2 Walther P99's, a Ruger SP101 .357 and a Colt Det. Spcl. The only rifle I miss is the M1 Carbine I got from the Rock Island arsenal back in the 60's. Had to join the NRA and sent my money order of to the US Govt. Military surplus. $16. and it was delivered by the mailman in a cosmoline soaked paper bag.. LOL. Times have changed.

bosco

No more rifles, just whittled everything down over the years. Still have a 12gauge pump if needed and 2 Walther P99's, a Ruger SP101 .357 and a Colt Det. Spcl. The only rifle I miss is the M1 Carbine I got from the Rock Island arsenal back in the 60's. Had to join the NRA and sent my money order of to the US Govt. Military surplus. $16. and it was delivered by the mailman in a cosmoline soaked paper bag.. LOL. Times have changed.

bosco

I want an M1 in soaked paper bag.. They're hard to find up here, and they are expensive.

I have a Mosin Nagant M44, Tula SKS, Tokarev TT33, Mauser K98 and an Uberti 1866 Goldenboy. I like military surplus.

Marlin 30-30
Remington 30-6
Ruger M77 MarkIII .243
Old S&R 12ga
Custom AR15
Walther P22
Ruger SR9c
BB Gun...

There might be another AR in my future. Fun little things to build. Probably going to make my next one a replica of a Marine SPR(Special Purpose Rifle) 18" barrel.

Yessir. Sure am. Building the arsenal, have a Keltec p3at as my everyday carry (yes, it conceals in board shorts!) and a Taurus .45 for the house. Also, my absolute favorite, the "Commie," otherwise known as a Mosin Nagant. I neither confirm nor deny that I potentially, hypothetically, or theoretically own any other firearms. ;-) #ILoveFloridaGunLaws.

2 Mossberg 500 pump shotguns
1 Beretta A390 12 gauge
2 bolt action .22 Nail drivers
1 S&W 686+ .357 Magnum revolver
...and my lovely wife is more accurate with all of than I am!

You lucky S.O.B.!!!!

I'll probably never have a 50 BMG rifle.
I could handle the cost of the rifle with a little saving up, but even reloading that thing is expensive to shoot!!
I have been thinking about a 50-140 sharps. Fun thumper that I can afford to shoot.

Trying to sell my two Russian SKS rifles in order to purchase a metal lathe. :eek:

After that, and once I have the funds, I plan on getting/building an AR (10 or 15). :D

Back