Any good Sangria recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alcibiades

Reaction score
I know its not homebrew but....Making a vat of Sangria for tomorrow night, does anybody here have any special methods or ingredients?

All the recipes I've found online don't specify wine type, what do you use?

best advice is to prepare it the day/night before and let it chill out in the fridge so the flavors can mend... like a good sauce.

i like the traditional spanish style:
1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 orange, 1 1/2 c rum, 1/2 c cane sugar, 750ml dry red, 1 c orange juice (i substitute triple sec - 1/2 c)

but i always find myself throwing in apples, sometimes pears... you could play around with some liqueurs, they add a nice touch, or carb with prosecco.

bogle or borsao are affordable and easily found in the Spain section of the wine store.. these are grenache wines, key ingredients in riojas. I wouldnt go crazy, my price point is usually 6-12 a bottle depending on the company, the amount im making, etc. You can always resort to budget merlots, or anything that is dry, lightly oaked, with mild tannins.

I use cheap dry and fruity reds, and really cabs work better than merlots if you really have to choose between those two. Use cheap wine, anything better than $5 a bottle is just wasting wine, IMHO.

anyone else drink Concha y Toro Frontera wines.. the 1.5 L bottles (~$9). Pretty much the staple for my family. Beats Carlo Rossi... except you dont get a free 1 gallon carboy out of it ;)

Back