any good recipes I can make in my Mr beer kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCummins87

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good tasting recipe that I can make to fit inside my Mr. Beer fermenter I'm looking to really start brewing and need some good ideas help me plz haha Thx.

There is a recipe section about half way across the reddish brown band at the top of every page. Choose one of those and just adjust the quantities to make a 2 1/2 gallon batch. The recipes are in sections and each will list if it is an extract, all grain, or a combination. I'd suggest that you choose an extract batch to start but if you choose to go all grain you'll have a bunch of us rooting for you.

Thanks sorry i shouldve looked first haha but I think I'm going to go with another extract but I'm definitely planning to go to much harder brews but I know it's going to kick my butt? Also I need more equipment nut Idk what to get yet.

Thanks sorry i shouldve looked first haha but I think I'm going to go with another extract but I'm definitely planning to go to much harder brews but I know it's going to kick my butt? Also I need more equipment nut Idk what to get yet.

I think I had been reading and posting for more than 6 months before I noticed that recipe section. What equipment do you have now besides the little brown keg? You'll need a boil kettle for sure and more bottles and soon you'll want 2 hydrometers, one for testing your beer and one to replace it when you break it the first day. ;)

I think I had been reading and posting for more than 6 months before I noticed that recipe section. What equipment do you have now besides the little brown keg? You'll need a boil kettle for sure and more bottles and soon you'll want 2 hydrometers, one for testing your beer and one to replace it when you break it the first day. ;)

The 2 hydrometers comnent is funny...

I would suggest you read a lot on the internet, search the forums and get a really good idea of what your doing as well as some beer basics. For your first beer I would suggest that you take your favorite ale and find a clone recipe. Most homebrew recipies will be for 5 gal so just adjust to half.

If you are successful with your first batch and or enjoy brewing you might want to think about getting a 5 gallon kit. Usually around 100 bucks they will come with a fermentation bucket and or carboy, hydrometer, bottling bucket, auto syphin etc..

When your beer is done, sit back enjoy a pint and read some more. There is sooo many things to learn but research is 80 percent of the fun of a new hobby. Welcome and enjoy! Cheers!

Ya I have a full bottling kit that is currently full of brew just letting it ferment for another week before I take a sip I'm dying to crack that first one open though! I know this is a dumb question but the brew that u fill the hydrometer with can u put it in a bottle afterwards or should u toss it?

Ya I have a full bottling kit that is currently full of brew just letting it ferment for another week before I take a sip I'm dying to crack that first one open though! I know this is a dumb question but the brew that u fill the hydrometer with can u put it in a bottle afterwards or should u toss it?[/QUOTE
You should toss it when your done taking the measurement. You should not need to use too much. I suggest getting a test tube that is deep enough to fit the hydrometer. I picked mine up at my local home brew store for a few bucks...t

Lol ok good I don't want to abuse alcohol....so does granulated sugar carbinate as well as a co2 tank does cuz that's just mind blowing to me haha

Lol ok good I don't want to abuse alcohol....so does granulated sugar carbinate as well as a co2 tank does cuz that's just mind blowing to me haha

The sugar does carbonate as well if done with the proper amount. The biggest difference, in my opion is the clean up. I bottled one batch and after cleaning 48 bottles, I went and bought a kegging system. 1 keg vs 48 bottles speaks to my lazy side.

The short answer to your question is YES.

I've got a couple of the Mr.Beer LBKs. Using those to do non-Mr.Beer extract batches is a great way to get oriented and get some brewing experience. I'm probably going to make another batch or two using the LBKs while I make plans and preparations for 5-gallon batches. I will keep them to use for test batches and as secondaries (splitting a batch between the two).

You can do a 2.5 gallon batch in them, so half of a 5-gallon recipe does fine. If you buy 5-gallon recipe kits, try to get them with DME since it's easier to divide into halves than LME. Or, some shops will split the LME into 2 containers if you ask them.

My last one (now 4 days into fermenting) was with a 3.3 lb can of Briess Munich DME, steeped grains (8oz British Medium (60L), 4oz Brit "Chocolate") done at 155 degrees for 30 minutes, hopped at 45 and 15 min with Perle. Pitched some rehydrated Nottingham and set the fermentation chamber at 55F. The wort tasted great. The fermentation (even at the lower temp) is quite active at this stage.

Back