Any Good IPA Extract Kit Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MumbletonLane

Reaction score
I'm about to bottle my second batch and looking to do an IPA for my third. Looking for something with a well balanced flavor, not something that's hoppy for the sake of being hoppy. I know I'm not gonna match the quality, but fwiw, my favorite IPAs are Two Hearted and Racer 5.

Thanks

Northern brewer has a two hearted ale clone extract kit called "Dead Ringer IPA" that has turned out to be excellent for me.

The first beer I made was an IPA kit from Asheville Brewing Supply in Asheville NC.

Checkout their website for a great crisp high alcohol IPA. If I knew the recipe I would post it but I am not at home and can't get to it.

Midwest has a Simcoe IPA out now and Northern Brewer has pretty good Cascade IIPA they are advertising right now. Deadringer from Northern Brewer is pretty solid.

my second brew ever was something that the guy at my LHBS threw together. It was delicious, and very hoppy, but it didnt just throw hops around for the hell of it.

9lbs Light LME

1.5 oz Simcoe FWH
3.5 oz Simcoe @flame out.
us-05 yeast

It was excellent, very piney, citrusy, and over all what an IPA should be.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna give the Midwest Simcoe a try. Looks like a similar idea to dkm11b's recipe. You can all look forward to me posting dumb questions about this brew for the next few weeks :)

Back