any good blackberry wine recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

yenandbales

Reaction score
I got about 4 or 5lbs of black berries. A 1 gallon glass jug, airlock, rc 212 yeast, camden tablets and nutrient yeast. all i need is some instruction on the wine process. i am not sure when i am suppose to add the camden tablet? i am also assuming i will need a food grade bucket to let the berries and sugar/water sit in.

Turnerdude1

Reaction score
Go to jackkeller.net he has a blackberry recipe that I followed to make over 100 gal of blackberry wine this summer...

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My recipe is really good- it's directly from Jack Keller, and it makes a great blackberry wine. You have enough berries for a gallon of medium bodied wine.

Reaction score
Yep, I can vouch for Keller's recipe as well...

I'm not a big wine guy by any means, but after a year in the bottle, I drank some and thought: wow - I just made a really good wine!

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I can vouch for Keller's recipe as well...

I'm not a big wine guy by any means, but after a year in the bottle, I drank some and thought: wow - I just made a really good wine!
My blackberry wine is very good, especially since the oldest bottle is now 4.5 years old! I started a new batch this summer, making 5 gallons. Blackberry wine really is a great wine, and it's easy besides.