any fence builders out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengerman

Reaction score
my landlord is going to have a new fence put in, and since my dog is the a major catalyst for this (fence needs to be replaced, but my dog is the one that proved this and brought it to everyone's attention....) i get to do all the legwork.

right now, vinyl and wood are being considered as options. we all like the look of wood, but nobody maintains the fence as it should be (its shared with 4 neighbors plus us), vinyl sounds like a good long-term option.

i'm trying to price out options, and i'm wondering if anyone knows a good way to calculate materials for a rough estimate.

no. landlord is footing the bill. i get to gather bids, talk to neighbors, etc. I may do the building and be reimbursed for time and materials, but i think it's a little out of my scope, so i'm trying to get some rough estimates before i call every contractor i can find :)

Ahh, gotcha. Well, I'm in Arizona and no longer wish to do construction for a living. If the circumstances were different I'd probably offer to help out.

Check out Lowe's or Home Depot for "how to" videos. That should help out.

Ive been fencing for over 15 yrs. Vinyl is roughly 2-3 times the cost of wood. I would recommend 6' privacy. If no one wants to maintain it, vinyl is your best bet. It comes in 6X6 sections in a variety on designs. Around here it's about $18-25/ft cost and $28-35 installed. Word of advise don't get the solid post, get the pre-notched post and sections. They're a cleaner look and better product. Bufftech/Westech are a couple of the manufactures. There are plenty more and most are quality. Gates are a little pricy and less is better size and number. Hope this helps. Good Luck and always call utilities before you dig.

Latest posts

Back