Any fellow homebrewers in the Medford area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrhamm

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are others in the Medford, MA area interested in homebrewing. I caught the bug a year ago and it has been escalating quickly... Currently waiting for a nice day to play with all my new toys (AG, baby!). Also working on building my Kal clone (theelectricbrewery.com) but won't be done for a long time. I'm lacking a grain mill and hoping to meet somebody in the area for a mutually beneficial homebrew alliance :mug:

I'm just east of you in Malden.

Luckily, the grain mill at Beer and Wine Hobby in Woburn works fine for me, so don't feel the need for a grain mill.

you can also use the mill at Modern Homebrew in Cambridge. even if you bulk buy your own grains, they're usually cool w using it as long as you're buying other stuff

if you're looking to meet other brewers in the area you're welcome to come to one of our club meetings: http://www.wort.org/

you can also use the mill at Modern Homebrew in Cambridge. even if you bulk buy your own grains, they're usually cool w using it as long as you're buying other stuff

if you're looking to meet other brewers in the area you're welcome to come to one of our club meetings: http://www.wort.org/
I've been meaning the check out your home brew club. When is your next meeting? I didn't see it on your web site.

Nice, we're always happy to have new people check out a meeting. Next one is Feb 6th in Watertown. I just put up the details on the website.

dcp27 said:
Nice, we're always happy to have new people check out a meeting. Next one is Feb 6th in Watertown. I just put up the details on the website.

Cool, I'm thinking of signing up

Very new but i'm in Everett. Trying to figure out what batch #4 is going to be

GravyTrain77 said:
Very new but i'm in Everett. Trying to figure out what batch #4 is going to be

Do a search for raging Irish red, might be a link in my footer as I made it recently. My best batch so far! Highly recommended!

Has anybody in the area successfully gotten a hold of a details water analysis for the local water? Thought I'd try here before starting a new thread. I'm just curious how accurate the Beersmith water profile for Boston is and how close it is to the Medford/Malden/Everett area water...

Has anybody in the area successfully gotten a hold of a details water analysis for the local water? Thought I'd try here before starting a new thread. I'm just curious how accurate the Beersmith water profile for Boston is and how close it is to the Medford/Malden/Everett area water...

Besides asking the local town for a copy of the water report (I know I get one once a year here in Newton, and I got one twice a year when I lived in Hudson,) you can get a kit to send away for a detailed report from Home Depot, Lowes and probably Twue Vawue and Ace.
I haven't used Beersmith, but I would presume they didn't just pull numbers out of a hat for the profile. Whether they had people test or did it themselves, couldn't say, but also keep in mind that water values will vary within certain parameters all the time.
To completely be in charge of your water would take an RO filter and adding all the minerals, salts etc yourself.

Back