Any electric commercial/nanobreweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boswell

Reaction score
Did a fair amount of searching and clicking, I haven't found anything except a 3.5bbl pro system for sale, and I haven't seen anything about electric brewpubs or the like.

With the recent upsurge of the nano breweries, It seems to me that electric is the answer to set up a nano on a budget.

I worked at the main brewery for BJ's Brewpub and they use electric. Steam-jacket for the MLT and big ass heating elements for the kettle (plus kettle has a churning chimney. It's neato.)

At Rogues Harbor Brewing in Lansing, NY we use an electric kettle and hot liqour tank on a 2bbl system. The beer is all sold in the pub/bed and breakfast. The system works great for us and allowed us to use an existing out building with no additional modifications or work. Didn't have to worry about adding gas lines, et al. Really opened up the options.

That's exactly what I was thinking, sounds cool. A small, electric brewpub seems to make the most budget sense, while being even more repeatable and reliable theoretically.

Just checked out your website, got any more photos of the brewing operation? What a nice little Inn you guys have. If I'm ever in the neighborhood. . .

Back