Any Chiropractors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy White

Reaction score
No I don't need an adjustment.;) I am about to graduate from college and am putting very serious and long thought into what I will be doing after May. I have bounced around the thought of brewing, but think that should just stay a hobby. One other big thing that I have been thinking about is becoming a chiropractor. There is a chiropractic school conveniently nearby me and just was wondering how good of a career this is. I have heard many great things and a few bad things.(Usually the bad stories are getting paid too little, but that was about as much as a well paid brewer got:D) Anyway, just looking for some input from this great forum.

Thanks,
Slappy

If you decide to do this, consider a name change. I don't want anything to do with a chiropractor named "Slappy".

I looked at sherman when I was thinking of chiro. Not a bad school.

Just remember you're not a real doctor, and you'll be okay. I frequent a board where a chiropractor thinks he's a real doc, and the other (real) MD's shoot him down. Just remember you're closer to a PT than an MD, and you'll be a step ahead.

B

Who told you chriropractic is a good job??? They aren't making very good money these days. Insurance has really cut into the amount they're allowed to bill, etc. They used to bill people for like 100 visits or whatever, but now insurance limits them to 3 I think. If you like that kind of stuff, become a DO instead. You learn more manipulative stuff than a chiropractor, and you get to be a real doctor too.

FWIW if it were my choice, I would first look around the area where you might want to practice. Near me there are at least half-dozen chiros for a few thousand population. I know at least two who didn't make it in when they set up new practices.

My other comment/advice would be to research the various style of care. I have been to several different types. I'll tell you the best results I have gotten is from the old school "pretzel doctor". He uses manipluation to push the joints back where they should be. I have never had good results with the guys that use electrods/heat/torture racks. It would also greatly reduce your overhead by doing the simple method.

Best of luck in whatever field you choose.

I looked at sherman when I was thinking of chiro. Not a bad school.

Just remember you're not a real doctor, and you'll be okay. I frequent a board where a chiropractor thinks he's a real doc, and the other (real) MD's shoot him down. Just remember you're closer to a PT than an MD, and you'll be a step ahead.

B

I know. Just kidding around. Thanks for the input guys.

Back