Any body ever Re-carb left over commerical draft KEG beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotastic

Reaction score
So I got about a 1/4 left of a Sierra Nevada 1/2 barrel i picked up for a party we had recently. Originally tapped on Sat night. We used one of those standard picnis taps witht he hand pumps. It's been in the fridge since and I'm thinking I could transfer this to a corny and put it on gas to re-carb it up a bit

Anybody ever try this? One concern i have was that i was wondering if all that hand pumping that was done during comsumpion could have areated the beer a bit and potential stale this thing out...thoughts?

if you have C02,and cornys, why not buy,rent,beg for a loaner sanky tap so you could of pushed it with your C02 tank?

+1 When I built my kegerator I made sure that I picked up the homebrew to commercial conversion kit from keg connection so that I could easily go back and forth between commercial beer and homebrew.

The answer that is the most homebrew is RDWHAHB! Throw it in a corny and get back to us with the results.

I don't know about you guys, but when I was in college and a party didn't kill a keg we drank it until it was gone. Sometimes that could take a week!

Yeah ive got an empty corny so im in the process of racking it now....just pulled a pint and it aint all that bad...flat but not as stale as I woulda figured.

I have this old beat up Sanke connection i was contemplating using but I was missing a few fittings...think i'll overhaul it for next time...thanks for all the responses

Latest posts

Back