Any BJCP Judges in the Crowd?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any BJCP judges out there?

• BJCP Apprentice

• BJCP Recognized Judge

• BJCP Certified Judge

• BJCP National Judge

• BJCP Master Judge

• BJCP Grand Master Judge

• Experienced (but not BJCP)

• BJCP judge in training!

• No, I'm not a a judge (shout out if you want to be)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FlyGuy

Reaction score
Just curious how many judges there were on HBT. Or judges-in-prep, for that matter. Feel free to respond to the poll and post a comment. I'll tally it up at the end.

I voted 'BJCP judge-in-training' as my HBC is planning a class this summer and I've been studying extracurricularly in preparation.

I just started a class last Sunday! Im teaching stouts and porters in 4 weeks!

Cool. I am organizing a course for our homebrew club, too. We are doing some preliminary 'info sessions' this spring to get people down the road of self-study, with a full-blown course in the fall. Our exam is scheduled for mid-November. I am going to teach some of the technical aspects of brewing and beer history/geography. The more experienced judges and the pro-brewers in our club are going to do the bulk of the sensory evaluation and basic judging procedures, as well as the in-depth style profiles. I am really looking forward to it, especially since there was no course for me to take locally before I wrote the exam.

Back