Any ALE beers with a light beer taste? (Bud light, Miller Light)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saeroner

Reaction score
My Dad is old and will only drink light beer. He's 75 and he's been drinking miller light for ages.

Any non-lager kits out there that he might enjoy if I brewed it for him?

Hell, i even like miller light as an in between "take a break from IPA so i don't get wasted on Sundays" beer.

There are extract kits that are labeled as "lager", but you ferment at normal ale temps. I've never done one but have heard of them, like Mr Beer kits. I've made an all grain simple light beer from 7# 6-row 1# carapils, one oz cluster at 60, then go light with late hop additions like 1/4 oz at 15 and 0 of your favorite flavor hop. Then ferment with a clean ale yeast like WL 001 Cal Ale. My BMC friends sucked the keg dry in one night.

A good cream ale is a winner. My dad loved mine, and he didn't touch any other of my homebrews, ever!

A commercial example of a cream ale is made by Genessee- Genny Cream Ale. I've seen Little Kings as well, but never tried it.

Temperature control is still really important, and the beer should be fermented in the low 60s for it to come out right.

I brewed the AK-47 Pale Mild from Northern Brewer and it turned out like an ale version of BMC. I highly recommend this kit if this is what you were looking for.

Back