Any affordable 1 1/2 gallon kegs out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on your definition of affordable. Morebeer has 1.5gal torpedo kegs. Good quality.

You may wanna look up an article written a while back by a guy who used 5liter kegs. Not true kegging, but might work for you.

Any affordable 1 1/2 gallon kegs out there? Used is fine by me... I do mead and cider in 1 gallon batches and I hate bottling... be easier to keg and put under CO2

I've been using the 1.75 gallon Draft Brewer Cannonball ball lock mini kegs for almost a year and I'm quite happy with them. They fit in my kitchen fridge.

I got the first three from Midwest supplies along with a ball lock faucet that attaches directly to the keg.

I got 5 more of these kegs on Ali express for around $75 each, DHL shipping included.

For that price id recommend the torpedos from morebeer. They have rigid stainless handles so they stack on each other and lock in place. And theyre designed so that while stacked you can still have your lines connected.

IMG_1515354122.782413.jpg

I also have 10 or so ventable bungs if you choose to use sugar to carb

I'm a frugal brewer, but I splurged and bought 2 of the 2.5 gallon torpedo kegs from Morebeer. You could use these for years and still sell them for 50% of your cost, so if you look at it that way, your cost per gallon is pretty low. I brew a lot of small batches and wish I had more of the smaller kegs.

No they are a throwaway... they will not stand up to years of use like a real keg. I buy quality to last, not junk.

Several posts for quality pieces and you complain about the price. Alternative 5 liters are then recommended and you crap on the quality. What do you really want? Cheap and quality, we’ve all been looking for that for years. It’s a rare find.

The 5 liters are very reusable if you take care of your equipment, do you plan on throwing them down stairs?

Really, just offering a suggestion, not expecting to get my head bit off

@ Mary B, Sorry if I offended you

The 5 liter mini kegs I have seen : rusted, leaked, one exploded under 12psi... PASS

I was looking for best price on quality. Right now 2 small kegs at $150 for the pair is no tin my budget for cider and mead that I do not make that often! Bottling a gallon is not that hard of work compared to bottling my 11 gallon typical beer runs!

Craig’s list may be a good source for you

The minis I have are stainless so rust is not an issue

Hope you find what you’re looking for

Latest posts

Back