ANVIL FOUNDRY ALL-GRAIN BREWING SYSTEM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Noob_Brewer

Reaction score
what bags do you guys use that are reasonably prices, I've had so may rip and I'm not paying $50 just to have it happen again
I got mine from WilserBrewer. When I got it, and after talking to him about it, I got it sized to the kettle, not the malt pipe. That gave me flexibility to put bag in malt pipe or without malt pipe. Wouldn't recommend any other way to be honest. Ive done over 50 brews with the bag and its been beaten, but it doesn't have any tears at all and all seams are still perfect.

Last edited:

bleme

Reaction score
I...bought one from more beer and first brew it was toast, It could have been from scraping the bottom with my paddle, that's where it ripped
I've never seen the Morebeer bag to know how sturdy it is comparatively. I've also never used a mash paddle. I know it's the traditional tool, so it must work (right?) but in my head a french whip just made more sense - it's great at breaking up clumps (and it's not going to rip my bag).

Reaction score
I've never seen the Morebeer bag to know how sturdy it is comparatively. I've also never used a mash paddle. I know it's the traditional tool, so it must work (right?) but in my head a french whip just made more sense - it's great at breaking up clumps (and it's not going to rip my bag).
well I'm old school with a 25 gallon 3 pot herms set up moving to anvil, its a learning curve for sure, I'm used to digging hard to stir up the mash

Grizwold1

Grizwold Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
what bags do you guys use that are reasonably prices, I've had so may rip and I'm not paying $50 just to have it happen again
I use a 5 gallon paint strainer bag in my Anvil 6.5. Fits perfectly over the false bottom without the malt pipe and although it is not as robust as the ones many use it will last several brews with a bit of care stirring and at 3 or 4 dollars can be replaced easily and painlessly. Or am I being TOO cheap??😜

GBRbrew

THIS IS MY BREWSTICK!!!
Reaction score
Finely pulled the trigger and ordered a 10.5 thanks for answering all my questions, hope it doesn’t take to long to show up.

Cheers

Cottonmouth

Reaction score
I just got the 10.5 last week. Ordered 4PM Thursday and received it 1PM Friday. Ordered a bunch of goodies along with it. I was expecting about a week but then I only live 4 1/2 hours from Lafayette.