Anvil Foundry 18 gallon brewing system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
I got my hands on one of them here are my videos so far.

First look and overview
2021-12-12_15-09-59.jpg

First look

Here is my brew day video on the system
2021-12-19_09-12-47.jpg
Brew day

Thanks for testing the system and posting this - making videos looks like a lot of work. (Do you use the same camera for your live streams?)

I do have several questions and requests for you:

1.) Make a video of a 5-gallon batch on this system. A fast heating, fast cooling 5-gallon AIO system would be cool.

2.) What is the inner diameter of the malt pipe? For people wanting to put a mash cap in it.

3.) Also, is there a lip in the malt pipe where that distribution plate sits on such that it doesn't sit on top of the grain bed? It seems the wort is "dropping down to the grain bed or liquid level" and splashing as it recirculates do to this feature. (Same with the sparge water.)

4.) Your GFCI cord video points to a GFCI adapter that is difficult to find ATM, are there any others on the market that fit the bill?

Cheers!

I'll be doing a 5 gallon batch.

If you watch the first look video it shows all the dimensions.

Yes there is a lip you can see it in the video.

Yes it is the same camera I use for live streams.
The GFCI video has alternate links in the description. The vendor has more on order.

👍🍻

Thanks!

12.5" malt pipe diameter for those wondering but it does have the lip inside.

One more question, what is your opinion on LODO and will Anvil start designing these systems and accessories to accommodate that aspect of brewing (as opposed to just the big repurposed Chinese coffee urn style system)? You do say, "If you ask for it they will build it."

Oh yea, almost forgot, when are you going to test the Speidel Braumeister!?!

Thanks!

12.5" malt pipe diameter for those wondering but it does have the lip inside.

One more question, what is your opinion on LODO and will Anvil start designing these systems and accessories to accommodate that aspect of brewing (as opposed to just the big repurposed Chinese coffee urn style system)? You do say, "If you ask for it they will build it."
I do realize LODO is a thing. Personally the effort to achieve a real LODO process thrashes the fun out of being for me. I got nothing against it and I'm sure amazing beers really from the process. I'm just not interested in the journey down that rabbit hole.

Thanks for testing the system and posting this - making videos looks like a lot of work. (Do you use the same camera for your live streams?)

I do have several questions and requests for you:

1.) Make a video of a 5-gallon batch on this system. A fast heating, fast cooling 5-gallon AIO system would be cool.

2.) What is the inner diameter of the malt pipe? For people wanting to put a mash cap in it.

3.) Also, is there a lip in the malt pipe where that distribution plate sits on such that it doesn't sit on top of the grain bed? It seems the wort is "dropping down to the grain bed or liquid level" and splashing as it recirculates do to this feature. (Same with the sparge water.)

4.) Your GFCI cord video points to a GFCI adapter that is difficult to find ATM, are there any others on the market that fit the bill?

Cheers!
Here is a link with 5 in stock
https://shop.worldcordsets.com/shop...manual-resetuser-attachable-gfci-inline-style

I do realize LODO is a thing. Personally the effort to achieve a real LODO process thrashes the fun out of being for me. I got nothing against it and I'm sure amazing beers really from the process. I'm just not interested in the journey down that rabbit hole.

Just thought you might have some strings to pull at Anvil. Kick Palmer and Blichmann into high gear incorporating some LODO elements into their design.

I know systems like the Braumeister have a LODO kit available.

Just a thought, but if you contacted Braumeister's US distributor - MoreBeer, they might work with you on a review. Be sure to review the pump and the LODO kit! Well one can dream anyway...

Im waiting and wondering if anvil will release the false bottom basket as an accessory for the 10.5. The new 10.5s come with it. So i would hope so. I will eventually upgrade to the 18 for sure.

Back