Anton Paar Easydens Resonant U-tube Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

duncan.brown

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Prompted by @Brooothru I pulled the trigger on an Easydens. I am totally in love with it. Four digit temperature-compensated precision for SG (or three digits for Plato). I put 25 ml of beer in a 250ml glass reagent flask, shake the crap out of it to degas it and then take the reading. Accurate and reliable every time with less than 10ml sample size and the readings are instantaneous. It’s pricey, but worth every penny as I don’t have to average a bunch of readings on my Milwaukee digital refractometer and convert from Brix to SG.

@Brooothru and others, what do you do to clean it? For beer, it looks like a flush with isopropyl alcohol and then a flush with deionized water is fine, but the instructions are a bit fuzzy on this.

Also I’m a massive nerd so I had to look up how it works:

Brooothru

Reaction score
How pricey is "pricey"?

Brew on :mug:
I had a discount code from More Beer that took some of the pain away, but still about 3 Benjamin$. Worth it? Time will tell. So far, very easy to use, very quick, very accurate, though documentation is a weakness even if it is printed in about 12 different languages.

You can track 10 fermentations simultaneously, but I'm yet to discover how to delete them when it's time make room for new ones. Except for that one issue, the learning curve is short and intuitive. I'm likin' this new toy...er.. ....'instrument.'

Brooothru

Reaction score
[QUOTE="duncan.brown, post: 9245504]
what do you do to clean it? For beer, it looks like a flush with isopropyl alcohol and then a flush with deionized water is fine, but the instructions are a bit fuzzy on this.
[/QUOTE]

I just fill the syringe with 10 ml of distilled water, pushing it into the collection vessel through the discharge tube. After that I push a syringe-full of air through the unit to purge any remaining water, though the instructions only indicate to drain the water and allow the unit to air dry. Wipe down the exterior with a clean cloth. Done.

OP
OP
duncan.brown

duncan.brown

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You can track 10 fermentations simultaneously, but I'm yet to discover how to delete them when it's time make room for new ones.

I’m glad it’s not just me… I haven’t figured out how to delete a batch either. I left a comment in the App Store, so I’ll update this thread if the developer responds.

K9tpr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="duncan.brown, post: 9245504]
what do you do to clean it? For beer, it looks like a flush with isopropyl alcohol and then a flush with deionized water is fine, but the instructions are a bit fuzzy on this.

I just fill the syringe with 10 ml of distilled water, pushing it into the collection vessel through the discharge tube. After that I push a syringe-full of air through the unit to purge any remaining water, though the instructions only indicate to drain the water and allow the unit to air dry. Wipe down the exterior with a clean cloth. Done.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I do 👍

Latest posts