Anthrobe's--Babes First Brew - Apricot Hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkewedAle said:
:off: Sorry, guys, really off topic, but what does your Apricot Weissen taste like so far, anthrobe?

This is my third one which I really do not care for. I used a apricot extract for the flavoring which I would highly NOT recommend. The first two were used with real apricot with excellent results. Try some pyramid apricot hef if you can find it in your area. My wife loves the stuff.

Guys...I split this thread off because I was going to start a thread on it anyway..... :rockin:

anthrobe, what do YOU think of the Pyramid Apricot? I just bought a sixer of it for research purposes--to me, it is a very fake apricot extract taste. I like it for refreshing purposes, but it just doesn't taste realistic. Do you notice that?

So how did you add the real apricots? A puree or just smushed up fruit? To secondary?

anthrobe said:
This is my third one which I really do not care for. I used a apricot extract for the flavoring which I would highly NOT recommend. The first two were used with real apricot with excellent results. Try some pyramid apricot hef if you can find it in your area. My wife loves the stuff.
I told you about the apricot flavoring...tastes like soapy water to me. Sorry to hear about your loss. You can try to save it by 2-3 drops of some cherry flavoring in the glass before pouring.

Back