Another one bites the dust

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fata2683

Reaction score
Just finished up my 4th all grain. They just seem to get easier and easier. This was my first time using anything other that barley(I was making a wit.) I'm glad I read up on here to put some rice in to keep the mash from sticking. Boy was it hard to stir. It felt like I was mixing cement. Also my first time doing a protein rest and then raising the mash temp. Overall it went perfect, all temps were spot on. I didn't make a starter because I didn't even plan on brewing today it just kind of happened. You have to take advantage of the few sunny German days. I didn't use bitter orange because the place I order from was out so I used about half of an orange peel and dried it in the oven at a low temp for about 4 hours until it was dry. Hope that works ok. Anyway, just thought I would rant before heading to bed. Hopefully I wake up to some bubbles in the airlock.:rockin:

Back