Another novice kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berebrando

Reaction score
So I bought a kegging system, finally, and I'm getting ready to keg my first two ales this weekend. I've read as many kegging threads as possible and learned that the beer lines should be long and cold and that set and forget will result in consistently carbed beer.

Now, my kegging system was purchased for an upcoming holiday party so I don't want to f things up. I also must admit that I have no room in my fermentation chamber to set an forget witg 12 psi at 40F. My question is, can I use this chart

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/klyph333/Brewing/CARBONATION.png

And carb with 20psi at ~60F? then cool to 40 and reduce to 12 psi for the party? Should I forget this idea and just clear out my fermentation chamber for a few weeks?

2nd both of the above. First batch I kegged I was in a similar position I hit the untapped keg with 40 psi purged the oxygen to get a good seal and let it sit at 68 degrees for a month then hooked it up to to serving psi and it was perfect.

Back