Another ITC Thread I'm mid kegerator build. Im lost and I'm desperate.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so I've done weeks of research and when a fridge fell in my lap it all went out the door. So here it is I have the Kenmore Coldspot 106.53632300. When I opened up the control panel I found one thermostat for the refrigerator side and a knob control for the air damper on the freezer side.
I'm confused because everything I read people hooked up a temp controller to both thermostats. So my set up has two 4inch fans pulling air from the freezer side which will be controlled by one ITC. So how do I hook up the other one to control the freezer side? I want to avoid using a johnson controller. But if the only way to run the freezer is to control the power then i want to do it with an STC so i can have it in the door. The fridge is rated at 6amps. I understand the ITCs are rated at 10amp. Am i good? I want to keep the defrost circuit untouched if possible. Basically I just want to override the temp controls. I attached photos to help you see what I see. Thanks in advance.
CHEERS!

20151208_202934.jpg

20151208_221521.jpg

20151208_221524.jpg

20151208_221526.jpg

20151208_221531.jpg

That's an awesome problem to have! Free fridge? Hang on I'm sure someone will be along to help soon.

I had an older fridge given to me and I've been using a dual control STC1000 to control heating/cooling with it for approx. 6 months now. It's SO nice having a ferm chamber!!!

Back