Another bottle question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutal_Brewer

Reaction score
I have seen a couple threads on this subject but I wanted to hit on the matter a little more specifically. The question at hand is weather or not the molded "label" on certain beer bottles pertains to us, or if it's just for commercial breweries only. the reason I want to re-ask this is because it seems as if the answers I see the most are referring to paper labeling regarding recycling and even stranger concepts like "glass-plastic alloys" so I'm going to attach a photo along with this post so there is no confusion on what I'm asking. In short does this apply to us, and if so why?
Thanks, and Cheers :mug:

DSC_0114.jpg

This is a manufacturer's CYA...... they want no part of broken glass if you choose to refill it and create bottle bombs or clank them around in your own shipping [the true returnable bottles are more heavy duty].

That said, almost everyone who bottles does this...... and you'll be just fine...

:mug:

So this has to do with a safety CYA? I always thought there were certain things you could return to a producer and get refilled at some sort of discount (more like a growler to a brewpub). I always assumed the "no refill" was a commercial CYA.

Learn something new every day...

Back