Another basic noobie kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iijakii

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm sure these have been answered a thousand times before but I'm really unsure where to even begin researching.

Can someone explain how regulators and air distributors work, and what types/sizes I'd need? I'm wanting to have two tapped/serving kegs with two more hooked up for carbonating. I'd likely do the one week carb method that users here claim is best. Would I not need a dual regulator since I'd be doing that? Or should I get a dual regulator just incase I want to have a stout at XX psi and an APA or hefe at a different value?

Also, is there a way to easily achieve what I need while still keeping the possibility for more kegs?

You can always add more regulators onto an existing one if you decide to expand further down the road. Additionally, if you plan to serve/carbonate at the same pressure, you can either use tees or manifolds to split the gas lines downstream from the regulator.

The main benefit of having a dual regulator is being able to have different gas lines at different pressures.

Ok, thank you.

So does this sound OK? :
I will get a dual regulator and one manifold. That way I can have the manifold for the "standard" 10-13psi or what not pressure and then if I am serving a Hefe or some such I could connect that directly to the other side of the dual-regulator?

Back