Andrewski Brewski Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why both crystal malt and Carapils? I would think one or the other señor. Both will have the same dextrins and head retention and sweetness. The C-60 will just be darker and more caramely.

Well only cause the Carapils gives it one more pinch of dark than 60L. It's a darker heavier pinch of grain. In the long run it'll at the extra kick of carbonation from the dark molasses malt after the mash! To be honest, that's the only reason why I add it to the recipe

JeepDiver said:
In not sure what you meant but no grain adds carbonation

Not sure what I meant either but it makes great beer. I wouldn't change the recipe cause it makes a good brew.

kingwood-kid said:
Carapils does aid head retention. That's a little like forming carbonation.

That's right!! That's right it adds to it, make it yourself, this beer is awesome. Sometimes I really hop it. More like 4 or even 6 oz of hops when I feel like it. 2 oz is great.

Send me one... I can't believe 1 lb C60 + 1 lb CaraPils in a 5 gal batch tastes anywhere near good.

Back