And the well died!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tone_s

Reaction score
AHHHHH. I can usually repair our well stuff and R.O. system myself. I believe I have to actually call a professional for this one.
So much for the weekend brew. Or our Superbowl party or showering. :confused:

Had to vent

Manatees suck
Gators bite
Dolphins are ok I guess.
Oh don't forget the newly added "Giant Pythons", thanks to some irresponsible pet owners, Taking over the place. :rockin:

Manatees suck
Gators bite
Dolphins are ok I guess.
Oh don't forget the newly added "Giant Pythons", thanks to some irresponsible pet owners, Taking over the place. :rockin:

At least you have the great Python Hunt. Hows that going by the way?

They got 37 yesterday according to the local news channel. I guess they are very camoflauged in the everglades

homerwhackingday1.jpeg

Whacking Day much?

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the well? My brother-in-law and I just helped my dad replace his well pump. The housing had a crack in it, and it kept losing pressure in the pipe to the house, tripping the pressure switch and making the pump cycle on/off too often.

Was lots of fun pulling all that pipe by hand. B.I.L. and I walked it across the entire front yard, and out into the field, while dad made sure it didn't kink on the way outta the well. Once we got it out though, the replacement of the pump wasn't bad.

The service guy is on his way. I think it might be the thermo sensor on the pump is shutting it off. The pump is original and might be getting too much resistance causing it to overheat.

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the well? My brother-in-law and I just helped my dad replace his well pump. The housing had a crack in it, and it kept losing pressure in the pipe to the house, tripping the pressure switch and making the pump cycle on/off too often.

Was lots of fun pulling all that pipe by hand. B.I.L. and I walked it across the entire front yard, and out into the field, while dad made sure it didn't kink on the way outta the well. Once we got it out though, the replacement of the pump wasn't bad.

That's what I would do. The OP lives in Florida though...he doesn't have bedrock...his well is probably only 50' deep! Mine is 380'!

That's what I would do. The OP lives in Florida though...he doesn't have bedrock...his well is probably only 50' deep! Mine is 380'!

Got me beat since mine is only 320. And mine is hard piped as well. I have to call the well guy whenever I need to replace the pump and that happens about every ten years

Got me beat since mine is only 320. And mine is hard piped as well. I have to call the well guy whenever I need to replace the pump and that happens about every ten years

I dread the day I have to replace my well pump. The house is 20 years old and I could find no records of the well pump being replaced. :crosses fingers:

I dread the day I have to replace my well pump. The house is 20 years old and I could find no records of the well pump being replaced. :crosses fingers:

I did it because I have to wonder how much strain the motor is going through to pump a head of water that high. I know my 3.5 KW generator is not big enough to drive it so it must be a rather large motor and pump.

As bad as the pump is to replace pumping the septic tank is worse. Trust me on that one

I did it because I have to wonder how much strain the motor is going through to pump a head of water that high. I know my 3.5 KW generator is not big enough to drive it so it must be a rather large motor and pump.

As bad as the pump is to replace pumping the septic tank is worse. Trust me on that one

I had my septic tank pumped when I bought the house. Not that bad really. 18" of digging to uncover the lid and D-box which I was able to pull by hand, guy with pumper truck runs his hose over to tank and 20 minutes and $200 later I had a clean septic tank and D-box.

My well pump is hanging at 330' depth according to well records. That means the well has to produce 142 PSI just to get the water out of the ground! My pump is 230V but I don't know the hp/stage specs on it...I'm sure it's 6' tall!

I had my septic tank pumped when I bought the house. Not that bad really. 18" of digging to uncover the lid and D-box which I was able to pull by hand, guy with pumper truck runs his hose over to tank and 20 minutes and $200 later I had a clean septic tank and D-box.

My well pump is hanging at 330' depth according to well records. That means the well has to produce 142 PSI just to get the water out of the ground! My pump is 230V but I don't know the hp/stage specs on it...I'm sure it's 6' tall!

I pump my tank by myself. Trust me it takes a LOT of beer to work into that job. I dump afore mentioned pumped material out in the pasture and for the next couple of years that bit of pasture looks good and green.

And before anyone jumps on it dumping in my pasture is legal as long as I do it. Commercial people have to take it into somewhere else to dump

I had a property in Durham connected to public water last year. The old woman who owned the property didn't like the well casing being above ground so she had EVERYTHING underground. Finding the well casing was not easy and took a utility locate crew.

It is fixed! Thank God it wasn't the pump.
The 2nd pressure switch at the well burned out so no power was going to the actual pump.
It was the best case scenario. Up and running under $100
Superbowl party, Back on! Now it's a potluck though. :mug:

It is fixed! Thank God it wasn't the pump.
The 2nd pressure switch at the well burned out so no power was going to the actual pump.
It was the best case scenario. Up and running under $100
Superbowl party, Back on! Now it's a potluck though. :mug:

Awesome! Potluck is the way to go, saves you from having to do all the cooking and cleaning up of the kitchen. :rockin:

If it takes any of the pain away (which I doubt it will), last week one of my water pipes froze and burst when it was a cool -21˚ outside. Luckily I was home when it happened, but in the 10 or so seconds it took me to jump down 12 stairs, open the closet door and turn the shut-off, I had at least 30 gallons of water on the floor and leaking from the T&G ceiling. The water also completely ruined a new tile ceiling in my bathroom. I'm a handyman by trade, so the repair to the pipe was no big deal, but the entire ordeal was a massive inconvenience.

Then karma kicked me in the junk. The next day, my kerosene heater mysteriously quit working. Good thing we do 95% of our heating with wood. But when it's really cold out, the kerosene heater is a nice backup. Anyways, after a full day of freezing my butt off outside messing with the tank, I figured out that there was enough condensation mixed into the fuel to freeze the line. Since water is much heavier than kerosene, it had settled to the bottom of the tank and froze there. Long story short, I had to find a way to thaw the tank and line, then drain off the liquid until pure kerosene ran out. Pain in the ASSSS!

Back