And so it begins...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow160

Reaction score
My new chest freezer is coming this week freeing up the old one to become the Keezer. Inkbird temp control showed up yesterday so that I can use it as a fermentation chamber until the first batch is ready to keg.

Picked up a 6.5 gal bucket with airlock to ferment in and ordered my first beer kit, an Irish Red Ale from Northern Brewer.

I am hoping to be brewing my first batch next weekend.

Let the madness begin!

Awesome, sounds like you are starting off good with keeping good ferm temps! Enjoy your beer im sure you will love it and be doing all grain by next week LOL.

I have read a lot of ways to try to keep stable ferm temps but I need to keep it simple. I work a lot of hours and cannot baby sit it. Batch one is simple as I am just going to use the soon to be keezer. I have to look into another cheap freezer for the batchs after.

I am already looking into a larger pot and burner to do BIAB. I just want to get a batch or two done with extract to get my feet wet.

The first chapter in the story.... Ahhh, brewing your own beer. It is only the start of the madness, but what a wonderful madness! In the end you will have a superb glass of Irish Red Ale to drink. You are on the right track with a fermentation chamber and eventually a keezer.

HBT is a great place to send and receive information. Lord only knows that I have gotten wonderful ideas for building a brew stand, fermentation chamber, stir plate, and a keezer.

Enjoy the hobby!

Wow! Fermentation chamber on your first batch...I tip my hat to you sir.

And Welcome aboard!

Well thank you!

And I only have a fermentation chamber on the first batch because there will be no beer in the keezer to drink yet. :D

Latest posts

Back