And another stuck fermentation thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudsy1979

Reaction score
I have been brewing "the brew house" kits for my last 8 batches and havent had a problem. The beer has been great. On the 16th of Aug I started a Munich Dark Lager kit from them and instead of using the normal Coopers Ale yeast included with the kit, I used a Nottingham Ale yeast and rehydrated it.
I did get to try a beer from a friend that did the exact same recipe and it tasted great and was about 5% ABV.
The krausen has settled in the last two days so I moved it to my secondary, which is what I normally do, however the S.G is only at 1.022 (O.G was 1.050). The Temp of the beer is 19 C.
I threw my heat belt on to warm it up slighty, but there has been no more activity.
Should I just throw in my Coopers yeast that was included with the kit and see what happens?
Any other ideas or opinions? I would gladly accept any constructive criticism! (unless you tell me to go all grain which I cant find the time or money for right now...my 2 year old robs me of time and money lol).

Lager kit with ale yeast?

At 19 C, pitch the Coopers yeast. That should bring down the gravity and shouldn't affect the flavor.

Also if I can't convince you to go all grain, maybe I can convince you to make yeast starters. They are not always necessary but you can't go wrong. The 2 year old can help.

Back