Amount of Priming Sugar in Malibu Banana?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcJWaters

Reaction score
So, I am in the middle of brewing a Brewer's Best Dunkelweizen kit. My intent is to rack it on top of a 750 ML bottle of Malibu Banana at bottling to make a Bananas Foster Dunkelweizen. Tasty, I know.

My problem is that I do not know if I should be compensating my priming sugar upon bottling. I do not want 42 bottle bombs in my fridge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

well unless the rum has some preservatives in it its not going to be fermentable. if thats the case then you should prime as normal. if it does have preservatives you may have a very hard time getting the yeast to carb your beer.

Well, malibu is liquer. It has a ton of sugar & flavorings added to it. I think it's like 20% alcohol or something like that? With that much alcohol, I doubt they would need to add preservatives.

I think you would need to find a way to figure out exactly how much sugar is in the malibu, and prime with the correct amount. I think there was a thread on here a while ago about somebody trying to prime with amaretto.

Back