American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
I have an American Pale ale that will go to secondary soon. OG was 1.060 I put in 3/4oz chinook 12% AA 60min. 1/2 oz 5.9% AA cascade 10min, then another 1/2oz cascade at fire out. My OG was at the high end for BJCP but I figured my IBU to be at about 32. This was a five gallon batch.....I am going to dry hop with the cascade how many oz would you add?

Dark_Ale said:
I have an American Pale ale that will go to secondary soon. OG was 1.060 I put in 3/4oz chinook 12% AA 60min. 1/2 oz 5.9% AA cascade 10min, then another 1/2oz cascade at fire out. My OG was at the high end for BJCP but I figured my IBU to be at about 32. This was a five gallon batch.....I am going to dry hop with the cascade how many oz would you add?
I have an APA that I just kegged 2 weeks ago that's very similar. Here's the schedule:
¾ oz. Chinook (10.5%) 60 minutes
1 oz. Centennial 15 minutes
1 oz. Cascade 5 minutes
1 pkg. Safle 56 Yeast
1 oz. Cascade Dry hop in fermenter

As you can see, I use 1 oz. for dry hopping too. It always tastes great!

Good luck,
Wild

As drengel said, that depends on how much aroma you want. I think .5oz would be a middle of the road addition, and 1oz would give good aroma. You can do more, if you really want to smell it. :)

Back