American Idol..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I guess American Idol's on, because I hear my wife and kids laughing. I walked in the room and saw the weirdest morons with the worst voices trying to sing..My morning Guinness farts sound better than these idiots.
The #1 show on tv? America has lost it's way.

SWMBO just 'had' to watch it. so I did beer related stuff and tied one on.

I did catch some freak stalker guy who "wrote a song for Paula [Abdul]" and then proceeded to be the creepiest mofo I've seen all week. His song was about stalking her, and I couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny to get on tv, or if he needs lithium and a padded room.

malkore said:

I did catch some freak stalker guy who "wrote a song for Paula [Abdul]" and then proceeded to be the creepiest mofo I've seen all week. His song was about stalking her, and I couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny to get on tv, or if he needs lithium and a padded room.

I caught that too. He sang to her that if she was Columbo, he would Peter Falke her, and if she was a bathtub, he would caulk her, etc.

Ah the show where they make fun of troubled people for awhile and then have some dude or chick with some singing talent, then go back to making fun of troubled or mentally disabled people.

Uh, doesn't that answer why I'm posting right now?
clock.gif

Friggin' sick of that show!!
rant.gif

[rant on]I mean, every show now seems to be a take-off on Idiotol. I guess that the "safest" (read "total lack of creativity") way to put what the viewing public wants on the tube is to let them vote on it! Oh, no, let's not take risks! Do you think the public would have ever voted for a comedy set in a Army surgical hospital? Haaaiiilll no! Would've missed out on "M.A.S.H." Just one example.[/rant off]

Hopleaf said:
Ah the show where they make fun of troubled people for awhile and then have some dude or chick with some singing talent, then go back to making fun of troubled or mentally disabled people.

Yup thats the one ;) :ban:

malkore said:

That guy is a professional comedian, from what I hear.

I'm sorry but I watch the audition episodes. There are too many entertaining people to ignore it. I won't go out of my way to see it, but I'll watch if its on the TV. Last night wasn't too great though. I don't like the people who clearly have emotional problems (e.g. the Princess Leia girl), but there are some funny ones...

Soulive said:
I'm sorry but I watch the audition episodes. There are too many entertaining people to ignore it. I won't go out of my way to see it, but I'll watch if its on the TV. Last night wasn't too great though. I don't like the people who clearly have emotional problems (e.g. the Princess Leia girl), but there are some funny ones...

I turned it on just before the 10pm news and saw the Princess Leia girl. I felt sorry for her.

I'm not an avid watcher, but I do catch the occasional episode. I find the later rounds more interesting. Its fascinating how people who are obviously of lesser talent are able to somehow create a fan base and make it into the later rounds.

Overall, the judges are pretty spot on. Its when the voting starts that you have to wonder "WTF?".

PseudoChef said:
That guy is a professional comedian, from what I hear.

That song was pretty funny.

Typically, I HATE, HATE, HATE reality shows, but for some reason, I kinda like AI. Ya, it's stupid and mindless, but I enjoy it - especially the crazy people.

A few of the highlights from last night

[YOUTUBE]3Vy_vi2Gcy4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cmtKeXRisbY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hhGTR5bgV9A[/YOUTUBE]​

Soulive said:
Just some examples;

clay_aiken1_300_400.jpg

Hilarious!

Clay Aiken is a local hero around here (Raleigh, NC is his home town)...at least he used to be. People don't seem to talk about him as much as they used to.

I hate that show. When I am Evil Overlord of the Universe I am going to soot everyone who has been on that show, starting with the interns and ending with the producers. Then I'll start in on every other 'reality television' show.

Ugh...SWMBO has turned it on again tonight. Only thing worse that AI, is the first week of non-stop AI 2-hour episodes.

malkore said:
Ugh...SWMBO has turned it on again tonight. Only thing worse that AI, is the first week of non-stop AI 2-hour episodes.

Haha, I'm flipping between sydicated Family Guy and AI. Of course Family Guy takes priority...:eek:

Bulls Beers said:
I guess American Idol's on, because I hear my wife and kids laughing. I walked in the room and saw the weirdest morons with the worst voices trying to sing..My morning Guinness farts sound better than these idiots.
The #1 show on tv? America has lost it's way.

I can't help myself. I'm so ashamed.
But at least I'm Relaxing, Not Worrying And Having A Home Brew...

Ahhh another reason I'm glad I have another job. Previous years I've had to endure endless, mindless American I-dull ******* at work. I hate that! I wasn't even a part of it, it's just the lady who sat next to me was AI Central! She just HAD to talk to everyone about what happened in last nights show. Over and over. And over.

Back