American Brown Ale Carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulud

Reaction score
So I have a brown ale that I want to bottle on Sunday. I plan on using brown sugar and from the calculator online (dont have the link right now cause I'm on my phone) it is saying to use between 3/8 and 1/2 cup to prime the 5 gallon batch.

I have used brown sugar before in an amber ale and I used 2/3 cup from the calculations. I didn't think the amber was really that much more carbonated than brown ales. Can someone just double check this for me?

The calculator says to have between 1.5-2.5 co2 I was just shooting for the middle of 2.

Yea sorry 70 degrees.

Yea I know it does weight then I converted it to volume using another site that gave the conversion for brown sugar.

3oz?

Yes 3oz on the nose. Just remember the ounces given for measuring cups is in liquid ounces only. A cup is 8 oz liquid,but dry about 4-4.5oz. Digital scales are about $20,analog no more than $6-$9. Do yourself a favor,scales are cheap,quick,& easy.

Lol yea I'll just go 'splurge' and buy a scale.

I just don't know it's so expensive haha

Back