Amberish Ale Recipe Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hail Ale

Reaction score
Hey dudes and dudettes- love this site. I usually search around since some other rookie (or 15 rookies) have asked the same, usually ******* question I have. But I'm a little hesitant to go forward with this.

Anyway, so far I've brewed either kits or from recipes gathered from here or other places and have made some great, and some good brews. I'm waiting for a shipment of goods and tried to put together a quick amber-ish ale for tommorrow at my "LHBS" that is really just the corner of a local package store. I plan to dump it on a nice cake that's currently submerged under 5 gallons of "Hail Hail" Pale Ale I made last weekend.

Here goes (this is my first time using DME by the way):

1# 60 Crystal (49-64)
3# X-light DME
3# light DME
1# amber DME

I have 1 oz. each of the following - Cascade, Fuggles, Willemette

I planned this:

1/4 oz. each at 60, 30, 15, and 5.

Please let me know if anyone has any comments or suggestions. For the record - yeast is Cal. WL American Ale 001

Thanks in advance and keep up the great brewing.

BM, Thanks for the reply. What amount at what times? I just kind of made it up after reading a bunch of recipes on here.

Thanks. :mug:

Hail Ale said:
BM, Thanks for the reply. What amount at what times? I just kind of made it up after reading a bunch of recipes on here.

Thanks. :mug:
Same times that you had. Maybe shorten everything except the first addition down by 5 minutes to extract more flavor/aroma...so 25, 10 and 0 minutes.

Latest posts

Back