Amber Ale for brew day tomorrow....any thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyurboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am brewing tomorrow, appropriately enough on National Homebrew Day. I love amber ales, and thought I'd take a stab at creating my own. Here is the recipe as it stands with the ingredients I have on hand...all constructive criticisms / suggestions are gratefully considered. Thanks in advance!

Grist:
10.0 LB Maris Otter
1.0 LB Light Munich
1.0 LB Crystal 60L
0.5 LB CaraPils

Mash 60 min at 153
7.5 gallons to the kettle

Hops:
.25 oz Centennial (10%) 60 mins
.25 oz Centennial 30 mins
.25 oz Centennial 20 mins
1.0 oz Cascade (7.4) 15 mins
.25 oz Centennial 5 mins
1.0 oz Cascade 5 mins

EDIT: Yeast: Nottingham

5.75 Gallons to the fermenter
At 70% efficiency, should be the following stats:
OG: 1.054
Color: 13.63 SRM
Predicted ABV: 5.31%
IBU: 36.5

Looks like a nicely well rounded amber... Should be really nice with all that MO, and I love centennial in an amber ale.

I have 2 brews planned back to back for National Homebrew Day: a Cali Common and a Scottish 80 shilling.

Recipe looks good, and Centennial bittering with Cascade aroma is fantastic for an amber. What yeast are you going to use?

Thanks for the replies.... I forgot to add the yeast! :eek: Silly me. It will be nottingham, since I am now officially in love with dry yeast and since I could not get any US-05 (which I have wanted to try) on short notice (swmbo only gave official brew day approval this morning...).

Back