Amazon gripes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtvann

Reaction score
Saw that amazon had a roll of EVA barrier tubing that was 30m, yes 90 feet, for under 30 dollars. I know ... too good to be true it probably is. Whelp, it was not Eva barrier. I learn this after pulling all my old Eva barrier lines out.

Back in they go and off to morebeer I go.

Saw that amazon had a roll of EVA barrier tubing that was 30m, yes 90 feet, for under 30 dollars. I know ... too good to be true it probably is. Whelp, it was not Eva barrier. I learn this after pulling all my old Eva barrier lines out.

Back in they go and off to morebeer I go.
So I am assuming it is a knock off? Was the problem with it that it was not eva barrier so you don't trust it, or are the dimensions wrong and it doesn't work with the duotight fittings? I have some of the same stuff on order, at the price I figured it wasn't the real deal but I wanted it more for the duotight fitting compatibility than oxygen impermeability. Figured if it didn't work I could return it, but if you already have tried it you can potentially answer the question and if needed I can cancel the order before it ships.

It feels more like bev seal accuflex. Not nearly as flexible as eva barrier and more opaque.

I don’t distrust the dimensions. I did test it with a duotight fitting and I think it will still work. It’s not what I wanted though so I’ve sent mine back.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Based on your input I'll keep the order and see if it works for what I want.

Latest posts

Back