Am I crazy or just curious

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyb15fd

Reaction score
I did it.. I bought a bottle of Brew Dog- Tactical Nuclear Penguin. Its 32% ABV. Am I crazy for spending $90 on a bottle of beer..?? I am very curious as to how it tastes.. Sometimes you just have to get alittle crazy..!!!!!
AB

I guess maybe because its 32% ABV, Its made in Scotland, and it was double barrel aged for 14 months and then froze.. IDK...

Well people spend several hundred on Utopias....or several thousand for a bottle of wine. I don't see much of a difference. If you have the money and think it's an important thing to spend it on, then god love you. The most I've ever spent was maybe 30 on a bottle of beer. I don't do it a lot. But beer is just as worthy of spending money on as wine, or hookers, or coke, or whatever else you are into. I mean look what we spend on our gear to make beer. If it's worth it to us, then that's all that really matters.

I will.. they say you have to drink small quantities and sip it like a fine whiskey.. We"ll see about that..!! LOL..

Why would you spend $100,000 on a Porche when you can spend $20,000 on a Toyota? All you're doing is driving from home to work and back right? The speed limit is 55mph both ways, and either car can easily do 55mph right? They both have heaters and ac and a cd player right?

I've never had that beer, or Utopia. I would love to try either. I would be ok if I never had either in my life though. I drive a Volkswagen. I'm happy with that. If I had the money would I buy a Porche? Maybe. If I had the money would I buy that beer? Maybe.

Do what makes you happy.

There was some term for people that tended to buy odd things that they were curious about. Oh, I remember, they were called buy-curious. Nothing wrong with that! Go ahead and stand in your front yard and yell to the whole world, "I'm buy-curious!!!"

Why would you spend $100,000 on a Porche when you can spend $20,000 on a Toyota? All you're doing is driving from home to work and back right? The speed limit is 55mph both ways, and either car can easily do 55mph right? They both have heaters and ac and a cd player right?

I've never had that beer, or Utopia. I would love to try either. I would be ok if I never had either in my life though. I drive a Volkswagen. I'm happy with that. If I had the money would I buy a Porche? Maybe. If I had the money would I buy that beer? Maybe.

Do what makes you happy.

This is the closest I'll ever probably get to a Utopia...

59833_432403649066_620469066_5090696_6602972_n.jpg

It was like touching the Stanley Cup I tell you. ;)

(I was so scared of dropping the damn thing.)

I bought one bottle of Utopias in 2007(?) but I haven't opened it. I wish I bought two when I could have afforded it. If I felt like I could afford it, I'd totally buy a Tactical Nuclear Penguin and The End of History. How often do you get a chance to try something like that?

Back