Am I Being Paranoid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuggerOrange

Reaction score
I am a little concerned about the fermentation of my ale. It's been a little over 48 hours since I put my primary in the basement and the airlock has already stopped bubbling. There was activity only 2 hours after I sealed everything up and it was pretty busy within 5 or 6 hours but now nothing. Could it be done already? The temp is at 68. I am also a little concerned that the wort may have been a little too warm when I pitched the yeast - maybe about 85 - which may explain the fast takeoff. But now I find myself searching my brew books for words of comfort that it won't come out tasting like crap. Should I be worried? This is my first brew so maybe I'm being paranoid. By the way I posted this in the General forums first by mistake so anyone who's alrady read this sorry.

Don't worry it will be fine. I've had some take off and finish fast, others go for over a week. It's all good. Just give it ample time to condition before bottling. The standard rule is 1 week in primary, two in secondary, three in bottles.

I had the same issue with my last brew. I took a gravity reading and it was pretty near the FG, so I racked it into a secondary. I tasted the sample I used for the hydrometer reading and everything tasted as it should this early in the process. I'm just gonna let it mellow for a little bit and it'll be good. I wouldn't worry about anything, sometimes they ferment out faster than others, I'm sure it'll come out tasting great.

Latest posts

Back