Always buckle up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleym0nster

Reaction score
rugtgfh_013.jpg

I went to one of my favorite local breweries today, the Chicago Brewing Company to get a couple growlers filled for a barbecue we are going to tonight.

I wanted to get a growler of their Old Town Brown Ale, and their Blueberry Vanilla Wheat.

I also ordered a pint of their Hardway IPA while I was waiting. I asked the bartender a couple of questions about their IPA (what hops, IBU's, etc) just out of curiosity.

Well, when she went to fill my growlers she got confused and filled one with the IPA. So she gave me all three. The two I ordered and the IPA (with the growler) for free. That's a 13$ bottle of beer including the growler!

Sweet! Needless to say, I tipped her accordingly.

P.S. Their food is really good, too!

They have a sampler where you get 5oz of like 11 of their different beers. It's great. Last time we went I had two of them!

i wonder what the police would say if you happened to get pulled over...? saftey first

Well, this is entirely OT, but I had no idea Obama was the AntiChrist. Feckin SWEET. I was determined not to vote for him, but...the anti-christ? I'm all over that. Talley, are you paid by the Obama campaign? Cuz you've made one convert already.

How did this get off topic?!?!?!?!?

I've been known to buckle groceries into the back of the car if the boot if full. Why not? Keeps everything from sliding / spilling / breaking on a normal trip, and if you happen to get in an accident there are less projectiles in the car...

did they ever give you any info about their IPA?

I loved the way it tastes but the smell was almost like a dirty sock.

i wonder what the police would say if you happened to get pulled over...? saftey first

I have often wondered here in PA with the Open-Container laws how transporting a Growler is legal? There is no seal/etc to prove I haven't opened my Growler. What if the Growler was poured light? Just always wondered.

hardway-ipa.jpg

Hardway I.P.A.

Our IPA is an American-style India Pale Ale. It is an unfiltered beer hopped with US Centennial, Summit, Goldings and Columbus varieties.

Latest posts

Back