aluminum vs stainless steel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggben

Reaction score
OK so i want to get into all grain but the price of stainless steel kettles is high. i am wondering if using aluminum will really affect my beer at all. I am looking at getting a 32 qt kettle but had to know first also is it possible to just use my five gal kettle and another smaller one for the boil down?

OK so i want to get into all grain but the price of stainless steel kettles is high. i am wondering if using aluminum will really affect my beer at all. I am looking at getting a 32 qt kettle but had to know first also is it possible to just use my five gal kettle and another smaller one for the boil down?

I believe you will find many many threads on this if you use the search option above.

It's another one of the endless home brew debates. Aluminum is perfectly fine as is splitting the boil.

aluminum works fine for me, I have too that I got with my turkey fryers. However one has a raised bottom except for the outside edge which about an inch wide, makes heating less efficient, so I use the other flat bottom for my boils now.

Back