Alternatives to McMaster in Pacific Northwest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood7588

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could suggest an industrial supply house much like McMaster Carr in the Portland Oregon or Pacific Northwest region. I loved McMaster when I was living in Phoenix Az. If I ordered by 2 pm I would have my package by 11 am the next day. :rockin:It was great. Now that I live in Portland I am lucky if I get my stuff in a week. :mad:Its a real drag. Any locals know of some good places that I am missing out on?
Thanks

Yeah, granger has a lot of stuff, and has a big warehouse in portland.

I am suprised you have trouble getting mcmaster stuff quickly, though. I havent ordered from them in a couple months, but I used to be able to put in orders at 5pm and have them delivered the next morning, in portland.

same here - I am in Portland and get McMaster stuff VERY quick. Come to think of it, I get buyfittingsonline stuff super quick, too.

off topic a bit - but are any of you Portland folk hooked up with the local brew clubs?

i order parts for work from mcmasters just for the cost. I needed a weird nut and fastenal was 3 times more expensive than mcmasters.

F.H.Steinbart isn't a general industrial supplier, but they are a major player in the supplying the Portland microbrew scene. They have an excellent seclection for homebrewers as well. The Oregon Brew Crew meets there most months.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have ordered from McMaster 3 times in the last 4 or 5 months since I moved here. The first two times my package by regular ground got here in 7 days, this time it looks more like 5. Maybe i was just spoiled by the speed I was getting in Phoenix. I agree with fastenal being more expensive than Mcmaster but I also have not had much luck with their customer service either. Last week I went into one of their actual stores to get some lock wire. The guy behind the counter looked at me like I had asked him to turn water into wine or something. He could not even find anything in his order catalog. I dont know maybe he was new or something.

Cont. a bit off topic - like kcinpdx I would like to know about the local brew clubs. Any suggestions?

OT - This PDX Brewers Club - Frontpage was recommended to me. I am not much of a club joiner kind of guy but eventually I hope to check it out.

UPS should be delivering from McMaster to my Portland zip in 3 days. With 7 day delivery you must be adding in the weekend and the UPS guy goofing off for a day or two. LOL

Thanks for the link Samc.
Maybe my UPS guy is goofing off.:) I will give you that one order was during the big dec ice storm up here when everything shut down but the other two didnt include the weekend.

Back