[Alpha Release] iTaps Electronic Tap List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainwb

Reaction score
So, I have been using Raspberry Pints for quite some time now, but...

The new BJCP Styles came out, and Raspberry Pints seemed to be well dead as a project. I would have to get the new guidelines updated myself and I had some issues with the Raspberry Pints backend.

So, I grabbed some stuff out of RPints and got to work re-coding a new electronic tap list system for myself. I don't have flow meters, so I left that out for now.

You can run this on anything with the latest LAMP stack and Bootstrap 3, I just happen to run mine on a RPi, but I also use an iPad for passing around and taking orders.

This is an alpha. It runs on my RPi at my place just fine. There is a lot I want to do still--mobile optimization, flow meters, Bootstrap 4 upgrade, greater portal fluidity, admin login security, cleaner code, and some contextual AJAX menus in the keg edit section.

I'm just putting this here to share my current keezer toy.

If you use it, let me know. If you think it can be improved, let me know. If you need flow meters, use Raspberry Pints.

You can find a zip file of the project and other info at: https://github.com/iainwb/itaps

fwiw - and not to dissuade the effort - but one can use phpmyadmin to add/edit/remove styles from the R'Pints beerStyles database table...

Cheers!

@op

I can help test this. I'm a sysadmin by trade so not much devving going on here but I can manipulate databases, etc. and help you write an install guide (time depending of course.) I'll keep and eye on this and maybe spin up a VM for it. I assume it is PHP7 compatible?

Based on my interactions with R Pints, mysql, php 7 and phpmyadmin, I would be very happy to take your version for a test drive and give you my feedback. Please let me know when you are ready if you need some help.

@op

I can help test this. I'm a sysadmin by trade so not much devving going on here but I can manipulate databases, etc. and help you write an install guide (time depending of course.) I'll keep and eye on this and maybe spin up a VM for it. I assume it is PHP7 compatible?

Yes, it is. I run PHP 7 and MySQL 5.2 on my development machine. I also use the latest version of Bootstrap for the framework. The code is still a bit messy, but it is working. Since I have no auto config scripts, you do have to install and update my sample data.

Based on my interactions with R Pints, mysql, php 7 and phpmyadmin, I would be very happy to take your version for a test drive and give you my feedback. Please let me know when you are ready if you need some help.

I just pushed up my latest code edits, so it's usable other than the main caveats of no flow meters and no security on the pages.

Any reason my admin.php would be blank? Database connection is fine, taplist portion works fine, just nothing on admin.php

SQL data imported and can see all that in there and bootstrap is installed. Haven't had a lot of time to look at it but not sure what is going on.

The recent code edits include login requirements. You have to go in via index.php and register if you have not done so. All pages except the taplist have this requirement.

Am I missing it? I don't see any link embedded in index.php to register. That and I'm not sure what other PHP page I could use in that one to link to it.

I tried it today.
This is the error I get.
Connection failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'itaps'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Am I missing it? I don't see any link embedded in index.php to register. That and I'm not sure what other PHP page I could use in that one to link to it.

index.php should look like this:

Attachments

• Espresso-capture001.png
    Espresso-capture001.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 112
I'm running into a few issues as well with admin.php:

[Wed Dec 6 16:30:13 2017] PHP Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, object given in admin.php on line 5
[Wed Dec 6 16:30:13 2017] PHP Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, object given in admin.php on line 16
[Wed Dec 6 16:30:13 2017] PHP Warning: mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in admin.php on line 16
And any instructions for the best/proper way to install Bootstrap?

I'm running into a few issues as well with admin.php:

And any instructions for the best/proper way to install Bootstrap?

So, admin.php was deprecated and I forgot to commit the change. I have mirrored the files completely to what I have running on two different platforms (MacOS & Raspbian). The Bootstrap files are included in the css and js directories and no separate install is required.

That makes sense. Grabbed the source, but it looks as though there are still some files missing—the classes dir.

So, I have been using Raspberry Pints for quite some time now, but...

The new BJCP Styles came out, and Raspberry Pints seemed to be well dead as a project. I would have to get the new guidelines updated myself and I had some issues with the Raspberry Pints backend.

So, I grabbed some stuff out of RPints and got to work re-coding a new electronic tap list system for myself. I don't have flow meters, so I left that out for now.

You can run this on anything with the latest LAMP stack and Bootstrap 3, I just happen to run mine on a RPi, but I also use an iPad for passing around and taking orders.

This is an alpha. It runs on my RPi at my place just fine. There is a lot I want to do still--mobile optimization, flow meters, Bootstrap 4 upgrade, greater portal fluidity, admin login security, cleaner code, and some contextual AJAX menus in the keg edit section.

I'm just putting this here to share my current keezer toy.

If you use it, let me know. If you think it can be improved, let me know. If you need flow meters, use Raspberry Pints.

You can find a zip file of the project and other info at: https://github.com/iainwb/itaps
I installed this on a MAMPS stack on OS X, imported the itap.sql successfully and saw how the tutorial set up the registration (FYI, the link is now: https://daveismyname.blog/login-and-registration-system-with-php ) no -bp at the end. And changed the config.php to my local time zone. The problem I have is when I set the homepage to taplist.php (or any php in the directory) I get
Connection failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'itaps'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
suggesting that somehow the login page, which I am supposed to be directed to has been bypassed and substituted the folder name at localhost as my user ID. I even tried creating a user like "beers" with same privleges with user id of 'itaps" but no password, and it would not let me in. Please advise, if you can, how to get to the backdoor of this login page. I'm not quite sure why it is needed since I will be the only one using this database, but, hey, never too much security when it comes to your beer! Many thanks in advance.

I installed this on a MAMPS stack on OS X, imported the itap.sql successfully and saw how the tutorial set up the registration (FYI, the link is now: https://daveismyname.blog/login-and-registration-system-with-php ) no -bp at the end. And changed the config.php to my local time zone. The problem I have is when I set the homepage to taplist.php (or any php in the directory) I get
suggesting that somehow the login page, which I am supposed to be directed to has been bypassed and substituted the folder name at localhost as my user ID. I even tried creating a user like "beers" with same privleges with user id of 'itaps" but no password, and it would not let me in. Please advise, if you can, how to get to the backdoor of this login page. I'm not quite sure why it is needed since I will be the only one using this database, but, hey, never too much security when it comes to your beer! Many thanks in advance.

That is a mySQL access error. Somewhere, and I cannot tell exactly from the error, the permissions allowing the php code to access the database using the itaps user are incorrect or the itaps user is non-existent.

I decided to give this a go and after much trial and error I'm faced with the same above error.

I decided to give this a go and after much trial and error I'm faced with the same above error.

Does this happen on any page that you try to load?

Yeah it does. Just tested a bunch of pages. When importing the database is there anything else aside from importing that .sql file that needs to be done? I haven't really ever done a server install like this.

Yeah it does. Just tested a bunch of pages. When importing the database is there anything else aside from importing that .sql file that needs to be done? I haven't really ever done a server install like this.

The tap list page is not password protected, so if you are seeing the error on that page, it is trying to query the MySQL database and something is amiss with thetas user. Here is a link about troubleshooting that issue.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ce=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

default itaps DB user password had to be set to "tapit". i had created itaps@localhost with a different password. everything seems to be working now. cheers!

Back