Alpha Aroma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hbnash

Reaction score
Hey folks. Have some Nugget hops doing beautifully for the second year.
alao have Alpha Aroma- the root and tubers are very green so it’s alive and well but I keep finding tubers all over the place but no shoots or leaves. I know it’s classified as “late” but was not this late last year. The strains are about 4’ apart- could they have merged? Or am I just too eager? Anyone have experience with this crazy strain??

I replied to your post on my thread about Alpharoma, but I'm curious how your plant grew last season?

Last year, my first year Alpharoma got about 6' tall and basically stopped growing. It didn't ever look stressed or diseased. I just assumed it was focusing on growing roots. I'm also trying to piece together the puzzle of this particular variety.

Similar experience. It probably grew to around 8 ft and had a few wimpy cones but just wasn’t aggressive like the usual varieties. Had to keep training it to climb or it would sprawl. I’m in Indiana, not exactly New Zealand. At this point I wonder if the plant isn’t tunneling to to the other aide of the earth!

Interesting. And encouraging that it’s not just me. I’m hopeful that this is just a “slow to establish plant”. And next year it will be more robust.

Did you cut those underground shoots? I personally try and cut those off whenever I find them, regardless of variety.

Back