Almost done with my keezer and have a few final questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dood56

Reaction score
Everyone on here has been super helpful with my keezer build, but I could use a little more help. I have my collar built with my shanks and perlicks installed. Now I need to attach the collar to my freezer and I was wondering what everyone used. i have liquid nails, but it seemed to take forever to set. Any suggestions would be appreciative.
Next, what length should I cut my beer and gas lines to? Best I can gather, start at 10' and go from there. I plan on brewing a variety of beers and so I want a good common length.
Finally, has anyone had to adjust the bracket to mount a 3 stage pressure regulator? It looks like it is just two big bolts, but I can't tell 100% the problem is that the bracket will poke over the collar and keep the lid from sealing.
Any help with all this would be appreciative. I got my first batch aging, and a second batch going to secondary fermentation tomorrow. Will be brewing my third batch next weekend so I am ready for some kegged beer. Again, I appreciate the help!

1. I didn't use the old lid, so I'm not sure the best solution. I'd bet something like Power Grab or Liquid Nails would work... just be patient.

2. I'd start with 8-10' if I had it to do over again. I started with 5 and am regretting it to some degree. I can get my homebrew to pour well, but I've got a sixtel of Goose Island that's just not cooperating. Today's the day I buy a new 10' line and swap it out.... so we'll see.

3. Just mount it lower. Maybe pictures would help see the issue better, but just figure out a way to make sure the extra size extends down into the freezer rather than up over the lid.

Well, if I mount the regulator lower, it will require me to put screws iin the freezer which is what I do not want to do.

Well, if I mount the regulator lower, it will require me to put screws iin the freezer which is what I do not want to do.

Take a picture of it.... I'll guarantee that there's an alternative option to drilling holes, while still mounting it lower. You take a pic, post it here, and we'll all throw our suggestions at you. It could be as simple as mounting the regulator to a thin piece of plywood that is taller than the regulator, then mounting the plywood to the collar.... but without a picture or better explanation, there's no telling.

Something like this.... if I'm understanding your dilemma anyway...

REGMOUNTING-1.jpg

Sorry about the crappy drafting skills.. I'm limited to paint at home.

attach the regulator to a piece of scrap wood or sheet metal and then attach either one to the wood collar. The wood or sheet metal would act as a hanger.

Back