Allied Precision Bucket Water Heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. I don't use it for elec. brewing, but it brings 5 gallons of water to sparge temp in about 30 minutes. I don't know if it will raise that to a boil, never tried. I see the price has almost doubled since I bought mine last year. I think I paid about $35, and the brand was "Marshalltown" then.

You have to keep the whole element submerged in water while heating.

I was thinking of using it (maybe 2 of them) in my HLT for an eherms build with it plugged into a Ranco temperature controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I use one for assisting my gas stove, and for heating and keeping sparge water warm during a long fly sparge. Takes about an hour and a bit to get 5 gallons to sparge temps from 50F in a 5 gallon cooler.

Hopefully it's now retired, as I have a RIMS setup to test for the next brew, and I burnt through the power cable on my last brew (always make sure the power cord does not trail close to the gas burner...).

Latest posts

Back