Allagash brewery visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpro

Reaction score
I toured the Allagash brewery in Portland, ME earlier today. The tastings came first which was a new one for me, (I guess they dont have the same concerns as Victory :rolleyes: ) We got to try the White, (80% of their sales) the Curieaux which is bourbon barrel aged, the Tripel and this years Fluxus which they put out on their anniversary.

This tour kicked ass mainly for one reason: barrel aging. The guide took us into a couple of chilled storage rooms where they barrel age their Curieaux and a lot of experimental wild yeast and coolship fermented beers. Seeing bourbon and french oak barrels full of beer stacked to the ceiling was simply a thing of beauty, highly recommended.

Nice! I can remember the bar I worked at in 2008 got a couple of casks of curieux, first one emptied in a night, the other we kept for 6 months in the chiller, it aged really well.

Nice! I can remember the bar I worked at in 2008 got a couple of casks of curieux, first one emptied in a night, the other we kept for 6 months in the chiller, it aged really well.

I have an early 2010 vintage straight chillin' in my basement. Gonna do it big Christmas time!

We did the Allagash tour for my bachelor party...The barrel rooms are just incredible (unfortunately there are no pics, out of 15 dudes not 1 of us had a camera). Man, I friggin' love Allagash....and the city of Portland.

Back