All I needed to do was wait...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyyyc

Reaction score
So, I have my first brew going, a Dutch Lager (Barons Kit). Being the typical newbie, I was freaking out because my beer was too cloudy, didn't seem the right color, etc.

So, following the wise advice of the folks here at HBT, I just need to calm down and wait. Success! Thanks guys!

Seems a little dark for a dutch style lager? No? It's supposed to be in the style of Heineken and Grolsch. They're much lighter - blonde. Here I am worrying again.

[Same Camera Settings Throughout]
Fresh out of the primary:

5168285680_9ddf22d934.jpg

2 Days Later:

5167686109_daedb1314f.jpg

This Evening (1 week in secondary):

5167685455_e511700503.jpg

Hey! I actually made this very same kit about 6 weeks ago. I would agree that it is quite a bit darker than what I was expecting it to be, but it still tastes quite good. BTW, yours is looking pretty much how mine looked at those different stages.

Hey! I actually made this very same kit about 6 weeks ago. I would agree that it is quite a bit darker than what I was expecting it to be, but it still tastes quite good. BTW, yours is looking pretty much how mine looked at those different stages.

Does it actually taste somewhat similar to a Heiny/Grolsch/Stella? Just curious, doesn't matter to me!

Does it actually taste somewhat similar to a Heiny/Grolsch/Stella? Just curious, doesn't matter to me!

Nope, not really. It's more bitter than those, but perhaps it just needs to age and mellow out a bit more. Time takes care of everything, right?

Back