All-Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used a grinder and i haven't been acquainted with a drill in a few years. Now I'm in a really tough spot. The Cardinals won last night and I bought tickets to Game 3 of the NLCS so I'm a little strapped for cash. I have been known to make bad financial decisions so I may buy these anyways. Does the kettle look like a good buy?

The mash tun, assuming the home made bulkhead isn't leaking is a reasonable deal. New they are $40 and you'd have to add the valve. The braid is beat to hell but you can replace it for $4. Don't try using the sparge ring in the lid for fly sparging with a braid in the bottom though. Not ideal.

The pot is a little expensive. You can get it brand new on Amazon for $120 including shipping. A valve and bulkhead is in the $30-40 area.

I think I'm going to hold off on these deals and do it myself. I'm a man and need to start using drills and saws to prove it. Plus, I work for Newell Rubbermaid and just realized I can get a 10 Gallon Water Cooler for $18 so I'll try and make my own mash tun. And building everything myself will give me a better understanding of how everything works. Thanks for the insight

wowzers.... thats a heck of a discount right there....

DIY is very fun

-=Jason=-

That's the spirit Nancy I'm sure u will do fine. There are lots of directions and pointers in the DIY section. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask a question before u eff something up. For me it was the grinder jig for cutting my keg. Wish I would have looked first as mine is ugly as sin but it still makes good beer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back