All grain? Not yet but getting close.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybershadow

Reaction score
I have been building and assembling equipment for my first all grain batch. I only need a few more things and I am ready to go. This is what I got so far.

top.jpg

front.jpg

try brew in a bag, buy a big grain bag for 5-6 bucks and you are pretty much done with buying equipment. you won't need all of those tables either. my 3rd batch ever was an all grain brew in a bag, turned out great.

try brew in a bag, buy a big grain bag for 5-6 bucks and you are pretty much done with buying equipment. you won't need all of those tables either. my 3rd batch ever was an all grain brew in a bag, turned out great.

+1 there... All you need is a couple of decent sized pots, which you should already have. Hardest part about it is lifting the grain bag from the mash pot to the sparge pot... Then only until you get a single pot large enough to mash and sparge inside of... :D

I did one PM BIAB batch, and two all-grain BIAB batches so far... Loving it... Doing a 10 gallon BIAB batch at the end of the month... :rockin:

I'll pass on that method, no offense. The only thing I really need now is like a 10 gallon kettle. As you can see, i already have a HLT and MLT.

Well, when you get tired of the overly complicated method, give it a shot...

I've been doing the overcomplicated method for 4 years now, not tired of it yet.
Cybershadow, don't pay attention to the simpletons, brew on!

_

Cybershadow said:
I'll pass on that method, no offense. The only thing I really need now is like a 10 gallon kettle. As you can see, i already have a HLT and MLT.

Looks great man. Don't let the haters get you down. Especially ones who have all of three grain brews under their belts.

looking good.. I prefer BIAB..but that's what I prefer.. 3 vessel has it's place...as does electric brewing..and RIMS and HERMS and even electric RIMS BIAB... they all make great beer!!!

Looks great man. Don't let the haters get you down. Especially ones who have all of three grain brews under their belts.

Wow, way to sound like a true yakass...

I don't see the point in going with all the expense of getting the MLT and such, when you can, use the BIAB method for AG and still get really, really good/great brews out of it. Far less spent on hardware for brewing, that you can then spend on more grain. Or something important, like a barley crusher.

The KISS model is often the best.

As for only having three all grain batches under my belt... I just started brewing in late November 2010, so kiss-off... Maybe if I had started a decade ago, you'd think what I said made more sense... :rolleyes:

All electric, I have a 1500 watt heat stick. I just need to build one more as I don' think 1will boil water quick enough. I didn't spend a lot of money on this. I think the table and stands cost about $60 to build and the cooler and and valve cost was maybe $40. The HLT is my old 5 gallon extract brew kettle. Heatsticks might be $60 for both.

All electric, I have a 1500 watt heat stick. I just need to build one more as I don' think 1will boil water quick enough. I didn't spend a lot of money on this. I think the table and stands cost about $60 to build and the cooler and and valve cost was maybe $40. The HLT is my old 5 gallon extract brew kettle. Heatsticks might be $60 for both.

Now all you need is a kettle and you are pretty much good to go. What are you looking at?

Latest posts

Back